Behaving ethically is at the heart of what it means to be a professional real estate agent! We apply ethical standards to take care of sellers and buyers.
Integrity and ethical behaviour are central to maintaining our company's reputation and are absolutely critical to the success of our company.
There is often a big difference between what is legal and what is ethical. Most real estate agencies use 'legal' as their standard. The legal system merely specifies minimal standards to what an entrepreneur can or cannot do.
Acting in an ethical way is a matter of what our company considers to be the right way to conduct our real estate business! The lack of ethics in the real estate industry is one of the major problems.
Just an example of things that are legal in Australia. It is legal to take money from home sellers in the full knowledge that this money is not to promote the property but to promote the agents. But is it ethical?
Our marketing plan is to ensure we promote your property not us!
We recognise that ethical issues in real estate can be complicated by the complexity of economic and social environments and the diverse nature of our work.
We apply competency, fairness, and high integrity in our day-to-day operations.
- If you are a home seller, we will attempt to give you the knowledge to avoid mistakes which cost you thousands of dollars.
- If you are a home buyer, it will give you the knowledge to protect yourself and find the home you dream about.
Below there are the ethics we apply:
- When representing a buyer, seller, landlord, tenant, or other clients as an agent, our company pledges itself to protect and promote the interests of our clients.
- We will avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, or concealment of pertinent facts relating to the property or the transaction. We shall not, however, be obligated to discover latent defects in the property, to advise on matters outside the scope of our real estate license, or to disclose facts which are confidential under the scope of the agency or non-agency relationships as defined by the law.
- Our company, in our real estate employment practices, will not discriminate against any person or persons on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Our business will be honest and truthful in our real estate communications and shall present a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations.